The Bearmouth Road Race will be the official Montana State Championship Road Race for 2021. Yeah!!!!!
A Montana tradition. We modified the course a bit to change it up and keep things fresh. You still get the nice pavement and fun riding of this area. It’s a great opportunity to get USAC points or just ride road bike with a group. Women’s and juniors categories are discounted to encourage participation.
This race will be a USAC sanctioned race. If you have a USAC Annual license please bring your license. I strongly encourage you to purchase your annual license prior to the event but annual licenses will also be available for purchase on-site. One-day licenses will also be available on-site.
Camp Mak-A-Dream Grand Fondo – Training Ride
We are proud to work with RATPOD and Camp Mak-A-Dream to offer a training grand fondo training ride division. 59 miles of fun! One aid station and a nice training ride. Camp will also be our donation partner for this event as we try to raise additional funds through our donation page.
REGISTRATION, CATEGORIES, AWARDS
Registration / Check-in / Race Staging will be at the Camp Mak-A-Dream 90 Church Rd, Goldcreek, MT 59733.
There will only be online registration for this event. This is a USA Cycling competitive Event and the State Championship. In order to race your category you need a USA Cycling one day license (available as an add on at pre registration) or an annual license. Annual licenses are free to juniors riders through USA Cycling for 2021. Please renew your annual USA Cycling License by clicking here
Important information regarding race categories and groupings:
– All categories will be scored and submitted as advertised (what you signed up for). Groupings will vary depending on field size, but here is the goal.
10am group – Grand Fondo – RATPOD TRAINING – 64 miles
11am group – Cat 1/2 Men, Cat 3 Men, Junior Boy 15+ – 64 miles
11:20am group – Master Men 40+, Cat 4/5 Men – 64 miles
11:40am group – Cat 1/2 Women, Cat 3 Women, Junior Girl 15+ – 64 miles
12pm group – Women 4/5, Master Women 40+ – 64 miles
12:20pm group – Junior Girls and Boys 14 and under (two ride chaperons in the pack) – 34 miles
Junior Gear Restrictions will be in effect. Blocked gears will be allowed. Typical junior gearing is 52X14 or 45×12.
Medals for top 3 in each category. $50 for winner of each category. Prize for the winner of each junior category. $50 and prizes, selected one time from each women’s category. Traveling road race trophy to the winning team (top 3 finishers on your team combined times). You must have the same team name written down at registration.
Other Important Details
Wondering where to refuel and rehydrate?
- Wally and Buck (Best burgers in town!)
- Burns St. Bistro (Lunch and brunch)
- Grist Milling and Bakery (Stop in for a morning pastry on your way to the race)
- The Dram Shop (A local tap room with all your beverage needs and great location downtown)
- Big Sky Brewing Co. (A brewery staple in Missoula, be sure to check them out after a hard day of racing)
Need a place to stay?
- Race sponsor, The City Center Motel, has you covered. Give a call and book your room, we’ve reserved a special block for you. (406) 543-3193. Give Keyvin and Jackie a call today!
- Fall in love with Missoula? Buy a house from Zillastate (lol)
If your mechanic couldn’t make it, we’ve got you covered. Local bike shops are here and ready to help out! These local shops have come on as sponsors to ensure that you have a mechanical free weekend.