Weekday mountain bike racing is back in Missoula for 2021. 5 weeks of racing every Friday night at Marshall Mountain. Lot’s of categories and a different course every week. Challenge yourself on difficult courses and against the best riders in your category.
Typical Race Day Schedule:
- 2-4pm – Show and Go solo or friend start
- 4:30pm – ZTD mass start
- 6:00pm – Open Mass Start, staged by category (including Mammoths)
- May 13th – Mini XC Course – Mini XC Course – Wally & Buck – Course Link
- May 20th – Real XC Course – Pro XC Course – Kent Brothers Automotive – Course Link
- May 27st – Moose Party – Single Track Extravaganza – Dram Shop – Course Link
- June 3rd – Straight Up | Straight Down – Climb on the road and descend Hello Kitty, simple and incredibly difficult, hope you are ready! – Burns St. Bistro – Course Link
- June 16th – XC Enduro – We are all a little tired, so we’ll race Flow Trail, dh only, followed by overall series awards and party. – Grist – Course Link
I love nerding out on categories, so this years series will be no different than what you’ve seen me do in the past. Drum role please, here are the series categories. Each category gets a leaders jersey. Each category will have it’s own number plate color. For some of the weeks I’ll modify the lap numbers for each category. That said I will not be modifying the course features. Missoula has good riders in all categories and it’s fun to challenge yourself technically. I’m releasing the courses early so riders can pre-ride or scout before racing.
Lady Mammoths – Ride with A1, A2 or B1, B2 groups consistently last year or this year 13-18
Gentleman Mammoths – NICA Varsity Boys – Ride with A1, A2 or B1, B2 groups consistently last year or this year 13-18
Zootown Derailleurs – 8-12 years old, can ride all the trails at Marshall 12 and under
Master Men 40+
Master Women 40+
Men Cat 1/2
Women Cat 1/2
Team and Overall Competitions
New for this season we are bringing back an overall team challenge and overall individual challenge. You can pre-select from any team at registration. Each category is worth the same amount of points. 1st = 10, 2nd = 9, and so on. The overall team winners will be a diversified team. There are no limit on number of members on a team. For the season long individual scoring, it will be the same points you earned from your category and just put into the individual overall. Both team leaders and individual leaders get special jerseys for the week. Jerseys get picked up at registration (pre-washed). At the end of the season you get to keep the jersey for the year. If you lose the jersey please drop it off at MTCX HQ in the drop off area any day before Friday.
- Register for the series and receive a free burger at Wally and Buck “Trail Burger”. Get your coupon at number pick up on the first race.
- Each week the adult categories will get raffled a Big Sky Brewery 6 pack (1 per category).
- Each week the junior categories will get raffled a Poc clothing item (1 per category)
- Leaders jerseys for all categories, the rider with the jersey at the end of the series gets to keep it.
- If you finish all 6 races you receive a pair of TGIF custom socks.
- The winning team receives matching crew neck sweatshirts with TGIF logo and “winning team” on it.